Apply for a Grant
Thank you for your interest in submitting a Michael & Susan Dell Foundation grant application. We encourage you to review the foundation’s priorities before starting your application. Our program pages, blog and master grant list page offer more insight into our work. Before you submit your application, please also read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Foundation priorities: The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation accepts unsolicited proposals for education, health and microfinance programs in select countries where we work. Generally, the foundation does not provide grants to support:
- Medical research projects
- Event fundraisers or sponsorships
- Lobbying of any kind
Getting started: To get started, you must first check your organization’s eligibility. Click the “Check Your Eligibility” button to be routed through a series of screening questions. If you’re eligible, you can begin your application.
Important: Please be prepared to furnish us with contact and financial information (including total revenue and fiscal operating expenses) for your organization, as well as a detailed description of the project for which you are seeking support. To complete the application, you will also need:
- the amount you are requesting
- your project budget
- the number of children your project will reach
- a problem statement (500 character limit)
- a project description (1500 character limit)
- a brief description of how the requested funding will be used (500 character limit)
- a brief description of proposed success metrics (500 character limit)
Having this information prepared ahead of time will help ensure the application process goes smoothly. To help you prepare for completing an Online Grant Proposal, we have created a downloadable grant planning worksheet. Please note that the worksheet is for planning purposes only, and you must complete your online grant proposal via this website.